Victor Emanuel Nature Tours
See Custom Lists for over 40 North American Tours
Select any VENT Tour
Import these Custom Lists into your computer.
Free -- 40 new Quizzes
Take Quizzes using these Custom Lists.
Prepare for your next big birding trip with us!
To Get (upload) a Custom List and add it to your computer:
1. Open the Posting of the Custom List you want to upload to your computer. There are three pages of Custom lists, so scroll to page 2 and 3 to see more!
2. Right-click on the word "Attachment" at the bottom of the post -- it will be a hyperlink and underlined.
3. Select "Save Target As..." and save to your desktop. (You may want to rename the file - but do not change the .xml file extension)
4. Open your Thayer Birding Software birding program version 3.9, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0 or 5.5.
5. Click the Custom List icon
6. In the upper left corner of the Custom List screen, click on the word File.
7. Click Import. Select the file you just uploaded to your desktop. Click Open.
8. The Custom List will now appear on your computer with your other Custom Lists. (You may rename the Custom List if you like.)
These instructions are for Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Other browsers may have slightly different names for the buttons you need to click.
Just remember that these Custom Lists were created using Guide to Birds of North America. If you have a State or Province CD installed on your computer, these Custom Lists may include birds that are not included in your area.
In that case, only those birds common to both Titles will appear when you import a Custom List. (So importing a Custom List called "20 Desert Birds of Nevada" may only result in a Custom List with 2-3 species if you have the Birds of Maine installed on your computer.)